- How to fix ‘system thread exception not handled’ error in windows 10 - December 19, 2020
- How to think like an engineer – On a daily basis - December 17, 2020
- The frightened engineer – Side quest – The Outer Worlds - December 16, 2020
There are numbers of queries put up in the comment section of our previous post. So, today in this post we gonna answer the query that what is the purpose of using genetic engineering to create edible vaccines?
Before we get our answer that what is the purpose of using genetic engineering to create edible vaccines? First, we have to know a bit about genetic engineering. Genetic engineering in itself is such a vast field that even our website is not able to explain all its concepts.
We don’t go that deep in that just took the basic overview about genetic engineering.
What is Genetic Engineering
Genetic engineering is the process of the alternate genetic makeover of the organism through DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid) to get improved and better organisms. In recent time humans have manipulated by controlling the breeding of the animals but the desired traits.
Genetic engineering is the evolved process of manipulation of one or more genes. Generally, the gens from one species added to another to get the desired result.
There are some terms that you have to know to understand genetic engineering like GM (It is the organism that is prepared by the genetic engineering termed as genetically modified) and GMO (It is the resulting entity termed as a genetically modified organism).
- 1951 – The term genetic engineering first introduces by Jack Williamson in his science fiction novel Dragon’s Island.
- 1972 – First recombinant DNA molecule created by Paul Bery by combining the DNA of lambda virus with Monke virus.
- 1973 – First transgenic organism is created by the Herbert boyer and Stanley Coyen by combining antibiotic resistance genes with the plasmid of a bacteria.
- 1974 – First transgenic animals Rudolf Jaenisch. He created a very first transgenic mouse by inserting foreign DNA into its embryo.
- 1976 – Herbert Boyer and Robert Swanson started the first genetic engineering company.
- 1982 – Food and Drug Administrative approved and released the Insulin produce by bacteria.
What is the purpose of using genetic engineering to create edible vaccines?
Genetic engineering is quite familiar to every country now an show it’s beneficial results for the betterment of the nation. In this section, we added some points that justify the answer to the question that what is the purpose of using genetic engineering to create edible vaccines?
Edible Vaccines are used to cure the disease like chickenpox, diarrhoea and many more. These are storable and eco friendly vaccines. These vaccines and very cost-friendly as well as easily administrable.
If you take a look at the previous surveys, you can see that these vaccines help a lot of countries to fight these life dangerous diseases in the past and some of them are almost extinct.
In general edible vaccines are the combination of transgenic plants and animals with some agents that will boost the immune of the subject and genetic engineering plays an essential role for the production of these vaccines.
It becomes an essential portion of human life since genetic engineering is used to create edible vaccines. It requires a proper procedure for the making of edible vaccines. And have to tread very carefully in advanced laboratories.
Various human foods are used to produce these vaccines like wheat, corn, fruits and vegetables. Genetic engineering is used to produce them with its procedures of DNA mixing to get a better and effective one.
Genetic engineering is not only used for the creation of these vaccines but also helps to preserve them for a long time because it’s not that easy to supply these vaccines fastly to the remote areas. Genetic engineering is helpful for the procedure by which these vaccines are preserved under some certain temperature and special containers for long use.
The cost of these vaccines are very high but genetic engineering is used for the producing genes and immunising agent through natural products like fruits and vegetables which reduces the cost of production of these vaccines very low.
Hope all these points will able to answer you that what is the purpose of using genetic engineering to create edible vaccines?
Visit our website for more such queries